Aging can bring about unanticipated bodily changes — especially in women, because hormones play a huge role in these issues. For instance, deep wrinkles will start to emerge. In some cases, acne can come back after teen years or might appear for the first time (a condition known as adult acne). Moreover, damage from earlier sunburns starts to appear as skin pigmentation. You may also notice that your skin is becoming dull and saggy.
It’s a good thing that there are tips which can help you stay young and beautiful – no one would even say that you are 30 years old or more. Paying a regular visit to a reputable skincare specialist is important. You can get skincare advice and treatment options to achieve radiant, healthy skin from these professionals.
To stay dazzling throughout your 30s and long after, a reputable skin clinic shares a guide to maintaining or reviving the beauty and radiance of your skin.
Look Fabulous In Your 30s With These 5 Tips
1. Stay Hydrated
- If your skin isn’t getting enough amounts of water, it becomes tight, flaky and dry — and dry skin is more prone to wrinkles.
Since water is lost in large quantities on a daily basis, you need to replace it. So drink 1.5
to 2 liters of water every day to replenish and hydrate your skin from the inside. Note
that this doesn’t include teas, coffee, juices or fruit intake.
- Avoid spending more than five minutes in the shower. As the water evaporates, it will leave your skin drier than before.
2. Wear Sunscreen
Sun exposure can cause visible premature skin aging, which begins to slow in the early 30s. So now is the time for you to take wearing sunscreen seriously.
Since the ozone layer is depleting at an alarming rate, your body will need sufficient shielding from harmful rays. Moreover, the rates of skin cancer are on the rise. Sunscreen has already been proven to minimize the development of skin cancer.
Most people are skipping the use of sunscreen because some cause breakouts. However, you should keep looking for the best formula that works well for your skin. Look for a lightweight sunscreen that contains zinc oxide to minimize oil production and breakouts.
Exercises that use your body’s full range of motion will keep your organs running optimally. It helps your body to flush the circulatory and lymphatic systems. And anything that stimulates healthy circulation will help keep your skin vibrant and healthy.
Contrary to a number of claims, exercise does not detoxify the skin. By increasing blood flow, exercising can help flush different cellular debris out of your system. It helps clean your skin from the inside.
If you are suffering from dermatological conditions, you may need to take special care to protect your skin while you do your exercises. But you must never let these skin problems prevent you from becoming active.
4. Feed Your Face
The cornerstone of healthy, glowing skin is a healthy diet. Your body needs essential nutrients to produce new cells and maintain beautiful skin. Apart from a well-balanced diet, there are some superfoods that will make your skin look younger and more radiant.
- Add fish to your diet. Cold water fish like salmon has essential fatty acids to increase the healthy glow of your skin, and all you need is one serving a day.
- You may also use fish oils or increase your intake of nuts and seeds.
- Remember to consume foods rich in vitamins and antioxidants such as spinach, avocados, berries, and citrus.
Vitamins can also be applied topically in the form of moisturizers, toners and serums. Vitamins can prevent the breakdown of collagen by reducing the free radicals created by UV sunlight and pollution. Moreover, it keeps your skin tone even and lightens discoloration from hormones, breakouts and pregnancy.
5. Visit a Skin Professional
A skin professional will help detect any changes to your skin that must be addressed promptly. He will also determine if the skincare products you are using are effective, especially now that aging is a concern.
Treatments focusing on hydration and exfoliation are crucial when you reach the age of 30. Clinical dermatologists recommend getting professional treatments at least four times in a year.
6. Skincare Treatments to Consider
- Chemical Peels – Get regular chemical peels to prevent breakouts and keep your skin smooth. A skincare expert will likewise encourage skin-cancer awareness by identifying any suspicious-looking moles and other skin growths.
- Microdermabrasion – Regular microdermabrasion treatments will treat degenerative skin cell turnover. Also, this will minimize the signs of aging by removing wrinkles and superficial fine lines caused primarily by dehydration.
- Facial – An important part of any skincare regimen is a monthly facial. It can keep blackheads and clogged pores at bay. Also, it helps soften lines.
Paying a regular visit to a skincare expert and following these tips will keep your skin healthy and youthful in your 30s and beyond. Remember to take some time out for yourself. Nurture your skin.
Most importantly, stay happy to remain youthful for the rest of your days. Worries, anxiety, and stress can make you age quickly, so always smile and be happy.
A highly qualified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Dany Kayle specializes in a wide range of cosmetic services, offering his patients at the Dr. Kayle Aesthetic Clinic the best personalized care, from mini-facelifts to major body contouring. He is a member of ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and a graduate of the American University of Beirut with 15 years experience of private practice in the U.A.E.