Well, there is an old saying that ‘There are some things in life where it’s better to receive than to give, and massage is one of them’.
Massage was introduced in ancient times to get rid of pain and promote healing. Oh, but you must know there are many types of massage and all of them gives similar benefits. To be clear, massage is not meant as alternative to medical care but can be use of some treatments to provide best outcomes for patients. Listen, you don’t have to think much about what kind of massage you need, you just have to talk to specialist what might work best for you.
This article basically briefs you about all the benefits the Hot Stone Massage therapy has. Hot Stone massage is actually a natural therapy. In this, warmed black stones are placed on the body parts to maximize the therapeutic benefits. These stones are usually river rocks that have smooth surface and it is made of basalt.
The process is far way simple, first stones are heated in clean water before use, having high iron content in basalt lead in retaining heat by stones during the massage. This is beneficial for both physical and psychological levels. To be clear, do take a suggestion from a doctor before taking a massage. Pregnant women and anyone with high blood pressure should avoid this kind of therapy.
Yes, I can bet you these benefits will drag you to a massage therapist:
- Muscle relaxation
- The heat coming out from stone relaxes your muscles.
- Permit your therapist to work more effectively on your deep tissues.
- Tight muscles hinder the massage, so heating stone may provide the extra relaxation and will lead in releasing tension and easing sore muscles.
- Pain Relief
- Hot Stone massage will give your larger relief due to the intense nature of the massage than any other massage.
- Hot massage permits your therapist to work deeper, unlike Swedish or deep tissue massage that does not develop heat.
- You can ask your therapist if the stone is too hot or the pressure he/she is using is harsh.
- Pain and discomfort during the massage can give you adverse effect after the massage.
- Improved Circulation
- The therapist keeps the stone on trigger points in your body before starting the massage.
- As soon as heat from the stones hits your deeper body tissue, your blood vessels open, leading to better circulation.
- Bad circulation can result in fatigue which tightens the muscles and a buildup of fluid and lactic acid in the muscles.
- More circulation will lead in more oxygen to the muscles, which can help you in aches and pains.
- Mental Benefits
- The massage therapist will not only provide you physical benefits but also mental too.
- You can easily find out that relaxation given to you via hot stone helps in reducing some of your mental stress and tension.
- Hot Stone massage helps you in anxiety disorders and depression.
- Hot Stone is considered an integral part of your treatment plan.
Oh no! I might cancel my bet, Risks?
Okay, every aspect has two sides, so even this therapy is not suitable for everyone. Many people haven’t tried this therapy.
1: Breaks in the skin
- Anyone suffered from injuries of breaks in the skin should avoid this massage until the time they are healed.
- Bruising cuts or shapes, sunburns leads in more tissue damage and injury.
- Can increase the chance of having bacteria from massage oils or stones.
2: Infection or illness
- Yes, here one has to apply common sense, anyone having a fever, cold, or flu should avoid this massage.
- Fever can spread germs and they will face difficulties in body temperature.
- This will result him or her feeling uncomfortable when stones are put on their skin.
- Diabetes tells that how good nerves and blood vessels function in the finger and feet, so when it comes to massage, the client will not be able to tell how much pressure therapist is using, or if the stones are burning their skin.
4: Not for those who do drugs or alcohol
- Drug and alcohol don’t clash with massage.
- People go for the massage to feel light headed but alcohol and drugs might hamper those feelings.
- Well, getting the prenatal massage during pregnancy is much beneficial for pregnant women.
- Even some therapist feel awkward using hot stones on a pregnant woman.
All massages include back, neck, arms, shoulders, feet, legs, and hand. Everyone wants to have a good skin tone. People are only known to facials their skin, but just to inform you all; massage helps you look better. This removes your dead cells. It is a well-said fact the massage can relax you mentally. One of the best benefits of the massage is to improve your sleep better. So, specifically, hot stone massage Toronto is the best place to have this feeling, so if anyone is looking forward to having massages go there.
Now coming to the conclusion, most of the people cannot afford spa or massage parlors, so what they can do is, they can get a massage table and some Herbal oils and can help them or other with some basic massage techniques. Massage has had a positive effect on every medical condition.